This four day culinary camp will introduce kids to basic kitchen skills and cooking techniques. We will accentuate the importance of proper nutrition while educating kids about nutrients food can provide us with. Students will use locally grown produce to make variety of soups, salads, dressings and breads. We will be touring our mini garden to get participants familiar with different herbs and vegetables they will use durinng their camp. And of course every day will be ended with a dessert.
Elves will be putting a personal spin on individual size apple tarts, cherry pies, blueberry scones and cinnamon muffins Michigan is so famous for!
Elves, roll up your sleeves and get ready to work!
Time: 9:00 am-noon
This class is nut and soy-free.
Attention Kitchen Elves:
- Please arrive 15 min prior to the start of the class
- All participants required to wear aprons and chef’s hat during the class( provided by us)
- Class is limited to 12 students
- Chefs with long hair (both male and female) need to wear hair pulled back
- Comfortable/closed toed shoes are mandatory; no flip-flops
- Water/Fruit infused water will be provided.
- No drinks or snacks necessary, Elves will be making a complete lunch themselves and eat at the end of the session. Parents sit back and relax.
- We got it!